Ground beef is my favorite meat to cook with because it’s so versatile, flavorful and economical. Refrigerated biscuits save you the trouble of making dough from scratch.
Prep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 5 slices process American cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and cool.
- Place two biscuits overlapping on a floured surface; roll out into a 5-in. oval. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture on one side. Fold a cheese slice to fit over meat mixture. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining biscuits, meat mixture and cheese.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Prick tops with a fork. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Pricking the tips of Cheeseburger Pockets helps steam escape during baking. If you don’t do this, the pockets will puff up and may break open.
Juicey pork chops with potatoes and veggies
Are you following us on Facebook? Please do!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 1 hrs 5 mins
- Servings: 2
- 2 (6 ounce) boneless pork chops
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, we like Italitan flavoured
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup broccoli spear
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, spears
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Spray a medium size frypan with veggies cooking spray; heat to medium high.
- Add pork chops and sear on all side, about 5 minutes.
- Add onion slices and cook ’til transparent and just turning brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add stewed tomatoes; bring to a simmer, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes around the outside of the pan; simmer 15 minutes, add broccoli and cauliflower and sprinkle with salt and pepper; simmer a further 15 minutes or ’til the potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve hot.