When you’re short on time and low on energy, the answer doesn’t have to be your local drive-through or corner mart. These quick and healthy breakfast recipes guarantee an all-star meal in just a few minutes flat. And before you say you’re out of X, Y and Z, get this: Each of these a.m. creations requires just four ingredients apiece. From nutritious green smoothies to fiber-packed frittatas, there’s something for every craving in the infographic below. Want something sweet? How about a breakfast banana split? More the savory type? Whip up a turkey bacon egg bake. When the alarm sounds, you’ll feel good about hitting the kitchen — and making home-cooked breakfasts your new healthy habit. So pull out that blender, plug in that toaster, or heat up the griddle. The choice is yours!
25 Quick and Healthy Breakfast Recipes
Ground beef is my favorite meat to cook with because it’s so versatile, flavorful and economical. Refrigerated biscuits save you the trouble of making dough from scratch.
Prep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 5 slices process American cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain and cool.
- Place two biscuits overlapping on a floured surface; roll out into a 5-in. oval. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture on one side. Fold a cheese slice to fit over meat mixture. Fold dough over filling; press edges with a fork to seal. Repeat with remaining biscuits, meat mixture and cheese.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Prick tops with a fork. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 5 servings.
Pricking the tips of Cheeseburger Pockets helps steam escape during baking. If you don’t do this, the pockets will puff up and may break open.